Quality has always taken top priority at USUI Susira. This Company’s Quality Assurance program is aimed at defect prevention and not detection. Quality is built into the product and not inspected: Do it right first time and every time form the cornerstones on which the edifice of quality is built in the organization. Its obsession towards zero-defect manufacturing has resulted in total customer satisfaction and has also ensured the company’s market leadership.
One third of company’s capital is channeled into its state-of-the-art Research & Development and Testing facilities.
Raw Materials used for product manufacture are subjected to thorough inspection for chemical and metallurgical aspects using precision equipment such as Optical Emission Spectrometer at the receipt stage.
USUI Susira has adopted Six Sigma approach for problem solving and has created many Black Belts trained by ACMA (Automotive Components Manufacturer Association of India).
Infrastructure / Machinery
Quality is embedded in our manufacturing process. Our Quality Assurance department is equipped with sophisticated inspection and testing equipments like:
- KOSAKA Contour Measuring Machine.
- Roundness/Cylindrical Profile Measuring Instrument.
- Advanced Micro Hardness Testers.
- DELTRONIC Profile Projector with Microprocessor Computer and Shadow Sensor Unit.
- ZEISS Microscope with 1000X magnification.
- SPECTROMAX – Optical Emission Spectrometer.
- Automatic MPI Machines.
USUI Susira is the first Indian Engine Valve Pushrod manufacturer to win:
- ACMA SSI Quality Award three times for 1993-94, 1997-98 & 1999-00.
- Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Award – 1993.
- BAJAJ AUTO-NIQR AWARD for Outstanding Quality Man for the Year 1994.
- Golden Peacock National Quality Award for TQM at 6 Congress on TQM – 1996.
- Outstanding Industrial Unit Award for Best Employer – Employee relations in recognition of
nil loss of Production due to either strike or a lockout since the inception of the unit in 1976.
- Best Quality Award – From Govt. of Tamil Nadu in the year 1998.
- Best Cost Reduction Initiative Award – From Tata Cummins Ltd. – 1999-00.
- Best Vendor Award – From Elgi Equipment Ltd. for the year 2003-04.
- Felicitation Trophy from State Bank of India – 2004.
- MMA Award for Managerial Excellence – 2005.
- ACMA Gold Trophy for EXPORT EXCELLENCE – 2005.
- Best Supplier Award – From Tata Cummins Ltd. – 2005-06.
- Supplier Conference Excellent Performance award from Cummins ABO – 2007.
- ACMA Certificate of Merit for Excellence in Technology for the year 2007.
- MSME award for Entrepreneurship from Govt. of India for the year 2007-08.
- CII-Exim Bank award for Business Excellence – Commendation for Significant Achievement on its
journey for Business Excellence for the year 2008.
- ACMA award for Quality and Productivity for the years 2008-09.
- 5S Par Excellence Award for QC Excellence for the year 2009 from Quality Circle Forum of India.
- Life time achievement award received from AIEMA on 15th July 2010.
- NIQR Fellowship Award on 2nd January 2011.
- Economics of Quality Award received from QCI (DL.SHAH) on 12th February 2011.
- Supplier Quality Improvement Contest Award received from KOEL on 28th November 2011.
- Global Award for Excellence in Quality Management & Leadership from World Quality Congress on 23rd November 2012.
- Best Quality KAIZEN Contest Award received from ASHOK LEYLAND on 30th November 2012.
- Global Achievers Award for Business Excellence 2013 by Economic Development Forum, New Delhi on 16th March 2013.